Highly recommended videos for anyone planning to ask funding from venture capital. Guy Kawasaki is one of the star entrepreneurs and venture capitalists of Silicon Valley, and if you listen to his speech you will understand why.
I extract from the talk the ten slides Guy advises when presenting your idea to a VC:
- Title. Add contact info.
- Problem. What pain you solve.
- Solution. How you solve it.
- Business Model. How you make money.
- Underline Magic. Why you will succeed.
- Marketing & Sales. How you go to market.
- Competition. What you can do they can’t do. What they can do you can’t do.
- Projections. Show the metrics behind.
- Status & Timeline. Where you are.
Guy’s 10-20-30 rule: 10 slides, 20 minutes, 30pt minimum font size
There are plenty of books about how to prepare a business case for a start-up. These ten slides are the best summary I have ever seen.